We employ enthusiastic and friendly student staff who proudly represent UW-Madison. They lead tours and provide information for prospective students and families, visitors of all ages, and the campus community.
Campus and Visitor Relations is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who possess and promote these values. Work study students are preferred.
- Salary: $10/hr + with potential increases to $12/hr based upon seniority, performance, and advancement
- Schedule: Pre-set weekday, evening, and weekend hours, including one evening staff meeting per month
Be an Information Guide
Information Guides assist students, faculty and staff, prospective students, visitors, and members of the community with information about the campus and surrounding areas. They provide services in person, by phone, and through Ask Bucky email and chat from four locations:
- Union South, 1308 W. Dayton St.
- Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St.
- Discovery Town Center, 330 N. Orchard St.
- One Alumni Place at Alumni Park, 650 N. Lake St.
Be a Tour Guide
Tour Guides educate visitors about academics and campus life, as well as the history, traditions, and achievements of the university. They serve the university by leading prospective and admitted student tours, customized campus tours for school groups, alumni, and distinguished guests, and facility tours for Discovery and the Wisconsin Union.
Learn more about being a guide in this video.